Internet Explorer is a web browser developed by Microsoft. It is one of the most popular of all Internet browsers. Sometimes while using Internet Explorer, you might face some problems with redirecting. This problem is mainly caused by viruses, commonly referred to as redirect viruses. When your Internet Explorer is infected with this virus, it will redirect your Internet searches to random websites. The most common of all redirect viruses is the ‘Go.google’ virus. Other than redirecting your Internet searches, it can change your internet homepage, change your desktop wallpaper and slow down your computer. Fortunately, there are lots of tools available for removing this virus. This article contains instructions for fixing redirecting problems in Internet Explorer.
Tech support instructions
For resolving Microsoft problems with redirecting in Internet Explorer, all you have to do is to follow the instructions mentioned below.
Disable system restore
- First click on the Windows “Start” button located on the bottom left hand side of your desktop.
- Right-click on the option which says “Computer” from the Start menu.
- Select the option labeled “Properties” from the given menu.
- Now click on the option “System protection”.
- After that click on “(system)” drive and then select the option “Configure”.
- Mark the check box which says “Turn off system protection” and hit the “Ok” button.
Make use of a software removal tool
- Start off by visiting the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.
- Click on the link labeled “Download”.
- Click on “Run” and the Malicious Software Removal Tool will automatically start scanning your computer looking for viruses which can affect the Windows operating system and will eventually remove them.
Execute your antivirus program
- Launch your anti-virus program. If incase you don’t have one, you can choose to buy a new one or download the free edition of AVG anti-virus program, Windows Defender or Avast.
- Make sure that your anti-virus program is up-to-date. Most antivirus programs provide protection against new threats within hours from discovering them. However, you won’t be able to get the benefit of it unless you kept it up-to-date.
- Initiate a full scan of your computer using the antivirus program.
That’s all with the instruction for fixing redirecting problems in Internet Explorer. Have a good day!