Netflix is one of the most popular source for watching movies online and many of the internet users are regular visitors to the Netflix. They are inexpensive which adds to the charm, but it is seen that due to some recent Silverlight upgrades, watching movies on Netflix has been causing some Microsoft problems.
Instructions to resolve Silverlight upgrade errors on Netflix
- First of all, you need to determine that the problem that you are facing is indeed caused by Microsoft Netflix. If the error codes such as 5102 are displayed, then it can be due to Microsoft Silverlight. Call 1-866-716-0414 and then describe the problem that you are facing.
- In most of the cases, the support team from Netflix will be able to fix your errors that you are facing. By configuring some of the settings, the support team will guide you through the process of resolving errors. However, if the problem is due to upgrading of Microsoft Silverlight, then they will send you an email suggesting that you contact the Microsoft support team.
- Click on the “Start” button and then select the “Control Panel” option from the Start Menu. Select the “Add or Remove Program” option from the Control Panel window. Note that this particular step will depend upon the version of the Windows operating system that you are using. Locate the Microsoft Silverlight option and then pick the option to upgrade the program.
- Remove the Silverlight upgrade from the last 30 days. If the problems were due to the Silverlight upgrades, then this ought to resolve those errors. It is done assuming that you have been streaming movies on Netflix all along. As such, if the upgrades are older than 30 days, then it is possible that the error that you are facing is due to some other problem rather than the Silverlight
- Go to Netflix and then log in. select the option to watch immediately on any movie. When you are prompted to install the Silverlight software, do so as before.
- You will now be able to watch the movies on Netflix without any problems as the faulty upgrades have now been removed.
Follow these instructions from the Microsoft support in order to resolve one of the common Microsoft problems faced by the users.