Selling us a copy of Windows is not an end in itself for Microsoft. They’ve always sought to develop and release vital updates, hot fixes and service packs in order to maintain the millions of Windows PCs worldwide in sync with the times, and in the best of conditions. However, as the Windows help team points out, owing to some reason or the other, it isn’t unlikely that you would encounter issues while trying to install updates on your PC.
In this post, we give you a comprehensive account on how to resolve the issues encountered while trying to install updates on your Windows XP computer.
Issues with Installation of Updates
In the normal go, downloading and installing updates from the Microsoft Download Centre won’t be a headache for you. Especially, if you’ve configured your XP platform to automatically obtain and install such updates, you won’t even notice the process until any unexpected errors are encountered. The common problems in this regard are that of repetitive installation of the same updates or not installing them at all. Such issues could be attributed to software incompatibilities and temporary files that do not get deleted post-installation etc. However, circumventing the issue is quite an easy task. Let’s see how it can be done.
According to the Microsoft help crew, the following steps are in order for resolving the issue at hand:
- Begin by selecting the “Start” menu, followed by “All Programs” and then “Windows Update”.
- You may now click on the link that reads “Review your update history“. Try finding a red X mark in the status column and click on it.
- Highlight the error code and copy the same on to the clipboard.
- Select the option that reads “Find Solutions”, followed by “Type keywords here“. Paste the error code by pressing the combination key “Ctrl+V” and hit “Enter”.
- The troubleshooting utility shall now analyze the error code you entered, and come out with a couple of performable remedies. Follow the on-screen prompts to get the issue resolved.
Otherwise, it’s suggested that you may search for your error code in the Microsoft Knowledge Base to find a list of the workable solutions.
The above account would surely prove helpful in resolving the Microsoft problems encountered while trying to install Windows updates. For any further assistance, do get in touch with Microsoft support.