It’s not only the most competitive operating systems that Microsoft has been giving the world. As part of catering to our multifarious computing needs, Microsoft has always sought to cater to our various application needs as well. And clearly, the Microsoft Office suite of apps stands the most successful in this regard. MS Office 2007 happens to be the most widely used Office package of the times. However, owing to some reason or the other, it isn’t unlikely that you may encounter those dreadful Microsoft problems with printing in Office 2007.
In this post, we give you a comprehensive account on how to resolve such issues.
Reinstalling the Printer Driver
Reinstalling the driver program of your printer is one way to resolve the issue in question. Perform the following steps for the same:
- Commence the procedure by exiting all your Office 2007 apps and closing any other running programs.
- Navigate to the “Start” menu and click on “Control Panel”.
- You may now select the option that reads “Printer and other Hardware“. Right-click on the printer you use for your Microsoft Office software. Choose “Delete” from the context menu.
- Reinstall the driver program for your printer and restart your PC.
Creating and Printing another Document
The problem at hand may also be as a result of any specific problems with the document you’re trying to print. Hence, as the Microsoft help team says, try printing another document and see whether it works. And if that too doesn’t go fine, you may create a new template for the problematic document.
Renaming the Normal.dotm template
If the newly created document doesn’t help to resolve the issue, you would have to rename the Normal.dotmtemplate. The
following steps are in order for the same:
- Begin by exiting your Word program and navigating to the “Start” menu.
- Select the option “Search” and click on “Files or Folders”.
- Type “Normal.dotm” in the textbox and change the settings to “Drive C” or “Local Hard Disk Drives” in order to search through multiple hard disks.
- Click on “Search”.
- If you find multiple Normal.dotm files, rename all of them to “Normal.old”.
The above account would surely prove helpful in resolving your problems with printing in Office 2007. For any further assistance, do get in touch with Microsoft help.