Norton Anti Virus is one of the most famous antivirus software programs available in the market today. It is an extremely powerful tool which is well capable of monitoring your Windows Vista for harmful intrusions by malicious software. Whether you downloaded a copy of this program from the internet or you bought a hard copy from a local computer store, the process of installing it on your computer is really simple. In this article you can find step by step instructions for doing the same.
Vista support instructions
What you can find below are the instructions recommended by the Microsoft help team which will assist you in the process of installing Norton Anti Virus on your computer running on Windows Vista.
- Start off with this procedure by inserting the installation disc of Norton Anti Virus into the CD/DVD drive of your computer. Wait for the auto-run feature to bring up the splash screen. To enable the auto-run feature, click on the Windows “Start” button, select the option which says “My Computer” from the start menu, right click on the drive for DVD, and select the option which says “Explorer”. Now double click on the “Setup” executable file.
- Keep the serial key with you. You are required to enter this key at the time of installation for verifying that you are using the legitimate copy of the software. Type it in to the setup window when asked to do so.
- Install Norton Anti Virus to a location which you can remember easily. The default location where in the Norton Anti Virus gets installed on your computer is: “C:\Symantec\Norton\Antivirus\“, but you can place it wherever you find it convenient.
- Run through the wizard until the program gets installed on your computer. The installation process might take several minutes since Norton Anti Virus has to install both registry entries and program files.
- Reboot your computer when prompted to do so. If the installation was successful, Norton will automatically ask you to reboot for enabling its feature in your computer. Once your computer has restarted, Norton Anti Virus will be all set to protect your computer form viruses.
That’s all with the instructions for installing Norton Anti Virus on your computer running on Windows Vista operating system. Have a wonderful day!